Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Where is the Microsoft cloud?

I've been doing heavy research lately into scalable distributed systems, and Amazon's S3 and EC2 are front and center in my brain as I'm working my way through the literature.

Amazon's AWS and now IBM's BlueCloud are out in front with cloud computing offerings. Google may or may not be planning something akin to S3 with Google shared storage combined with APIs.


In the midst of my research, I saw that Microsoft has a codename - Oslo - for their next iteration of SOA tools. And so the obvious question (to me, at least) is: where is Microsoft's cloud computing offering?

Well, looks like BizTalk Services may be Microsoft's response. Charles Young has an overview of his early experiences with it.

Looks like I have more research to do...

No comments: